Fri, Feb 11|
Rome via Zoom
Seeing Art - Part 4
Art with Friends: How to See Art. Everywhere!
Time & Location
Feb 11, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM PST
Rome via Zoom
About the event
Seeing Art - Luca Pietrosanti
Expert: Luca Pietrosanti, Art Historian and Expert Guide in Rome
Fees: $25/Zoom Window/Final session of 4-part series. Two family members living in the same household may join a single Zoom window.
Doing Good: 10% of net proceeds benefit Book-Cycle Rome
“Art shakes the tree and then all the monkeys fall out.” — Kendell Geers
The average person spends 17 seconds looking at a work of art in a museum. It usually takes much less time than that to identify an image. But understanding it? And, what is art really for anyway?
In this +With Friends Zoom course we’ll learn how to really “see” and appreciate (or not) a work of art.
First, we’ll start by understanding the different purposes art can serve. Then, we’ll train our eyes to analyze visual elements and understand how the artist used them to convey meaning and emotions.
By asking ourselves the right questions we’ll investigate how images resonate, why we react in a certain way and how to interpret our own reactions.
At the end of the four-part series you will own precious tools to make art appreciation a more powerful and enriching experience.
Open your eyes to art and surprise yourself!
- WEEK 1: What Art “Does” And How We Experience It
- WEEK 2: How Images “Work” Part 1 — Principles of Design and Composition
- WEEK 3: How Images “Work” Part 2 — Elements of Art: Light, Color, Line, Shape, Space
- WEEK 4: Practice — Let’s See Art Together!
- Book - Art as Therapy, by Alain de Botton and John Armstrong, who have a firm belief that art can help us with our most intimate and ordinary dilemmas.
- Video - Why Art is Important by Katerina Gregos at TEDx. Katerina Gregos is convinced that contemporary art has an important role to play in society, as one of the last frontiers of free expression.
Image by Sumi
# # #
+WF 1 Session
+$0.63 service fee
Ticket for 1 Session
+$0.63 service fee0